KBCE DB2 Server
For many years KBCE has advised customers which hardware / configuration they should use in order to achive top performance with DB2. Not only did we advice but also build DB2 servers for some of our customers. You can also benefit from our knowledge! We build DB2 servers, configure them for maximum performance and fully test them. The server can be in your data center or we can also host it for you. You can look after your own server or we can help you with our remote DBA program. We can (of course) also train your staff as part of the deal. But it is not limited to new hardware, we also assist your staff in upgrading/ tuning your existing server. Just talk to us the possibilities are endless. Think of a KBCE DB2 Server as an appliance.
Here are some examples:
Extremely powerful S822LC Server
- Eight core Power processor (5-10% more power than Hex core Intel)
- 256 GB RAM
- 2x 1.9TB SSD/8x 2TB SAS, Raid controlled
- Preconfigured, Tuned & Tested with Linux (RHEL/Suse/Ubuntu/Centos unlicensed) + DB2 11.1 (Developer-C)
- Perfect as DW Server with DB2 BLU tables, OLTP Server or Database Server for several VM’s
- Read all about this great server: http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/redpapers/pdfs/redp5283.pdf
You simply plugin, apply your own DB2 license, and GO!
Price: starting at € 30.000 – Fully tested, documented and ready to go – ex Taxes and Shipping.
Powerful intel based DB2 Server
- Sandy Bridge mainboard 2 x Intel 6core E5-2620V2 2.0Ghz 95W cpu = 2 sockets = 12 cores
- 12x 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz ECC Registered = 192 GB RAM!
- 8TB Hybrid Storage (6TB HD + 2TB SSD) using RAID config (awesome performance!)
- Rackmount Rails Kit included
- Redundant 740W high-eff Power Supply
- 3 YEAR WARRANTY by hardware vendor
- Preconfigured, Tuned & Tested with Linux (RHEL/Suse/Ubuntu/Centos) + DB2 11.1 (both unlicensed)
- Other options (e.g. VM) can be added as add-on
You simply plugin, apply your DB2 license, and GO!
Price: € 25.000 – Fully tested, documented and ready to go – ex Taxes and Shipping.
Remote DBA support or training your own staff optional.
Just reach out to us and tell us what we can do for you!