We proudly present to you our 20th DB2 Symposium in Veldhoven / The Netherlands from 28-31 May 2018 with six DB2 z/OS and three DB2 LUW full-day sessions. No matter if you are a developer, DBA or system programmer there is always something on the agenda for you. We are very proud to have two presenters from the DB2 labs: Chris Crone (SVL lab – Db2 for z/OS) and Pavel Sustr (Toronto lab – Db2 for LUW). All other presenters on the agenda are IBM DB2 Gold consultants, who got that status from IBM because of their excellent knowledge. For our free keynote on the Monday afternoon we have a great session: The IBM Tools division gives an update about their tools. As always you can join us for 3, 2 or just 1 day(s), depending on your needs and budget. This year the sponsors are BMC Software, who has been sponsoring the event since the first version in 1999, and IBM Software.
The DB2 symposium format is unique. DB2 symposium fills the gap between classic conferences (like IDUG) and workshops. In classic conferences many topics are covered, but each speaker has very limited time for each topic. Interaction between speakers and attendees is normally restricted. In a workshop it is the other way around. Two, three or more days are devoted to a single topic. That topic is discussed in detail and the emphasis is normally on interaction. At the DB2 symposium we try to combine the best of both worlds. We merge the variety of topics of conferences with the in-depth approach and the interactivity of workshops. On each day in full-day sessions three (z/OS and LUW) topics are discussed in detail by experts.
Proudly presented by IBM
Free keynote session on Monday 28 May
DB2 for z/OS Tools Update / IBM Data Virtualization Manager for z/OS
Monday 28 May we will have our free keynote afternoon. This year we have two z/OS topics on the agenda: IBM Tools division will give an update on what’s new for the DB2 for z/OS tools and give an overview of Data Virtualization Manager. What happened to the session with Daniel Hernandez? It was cancelled, Daniel is a very busy man. Maybe some other time.
- The best DB2 Training (average rating by attendees is 8.7 on scale 1-10)
- It is all about DB2 and just DB2. No matter how experienced you are, you will learn new things.
- Awesome content. All topics are practical things, not about features nobody uses
- There is free WiFi from the moment you enter. Stay in touch with work / home.
- Excellent discounts which also combine up to 25%.
- Discuss with colleagues from different companies / countries
- Relax after a hard day work with free drinks & snacks. Try that Belgium beer, it’s good!
- Excellent lunch, because good training is hard work.
- Free gift for every attendee, because you are precious to us :-)